Upper abdomen pain with uterus fibroids?

Posted , 15 users are following.

Last week I got the results of my sonogram - my uterus is 3 times the size of a healthy uterus and full of fibroids.  I am done having kids so I am having a hysterectomy in a month (that's when it fits in my schedule).  My question is this - has anyone experienced UPPER abdomen bloating and pain as well as the lower abdomen bloating and pain?  Please share if you have!  My entire abdomen is bloated and painful and I'm wondering if the swollen uterus is to blame or if I have another abdomenal problem too.  :-(

2 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am due to see my doctor soon to find out what's going on with me. I get upper and lower bloating and I've been bleeding for almost 25 days now. I've never had that before. I'm glad I found a forum of women going through the same thing. Ovarian cancer runs very heavy in my family and I don't plan on having kids so I'm ready for my last ovary to come out! My first one hemorrhaged into my fallopian tube and I nearly died.

My exam is on my birthday! Surely no bad news can be delivered on my birthday.....that's how I look at it.

• Posted

Yes I have complete bloating of the stomach and abdomen ugh! When ever I eat just a small about of food I bloat right up its awful!!
  • Posted

I have been suffering with pelvic pressure for about. Year . Saw my GYN who said my pelvic exam was normal .. ultrasound was also normal according to him , however the radiologist mentioned possible adenomyosis but he disagreed. Over past 2 months my pelvic pressure has now become rectal pressure and my upper abdomen is so distended I look pregnant - especially after I eat which must be a very small meal . I actually feel lumps in my lower abdomen and am scheduled for a

CT scan this week and I'm praying it's nothing more serious . I have even had low grade fevers recently which I read is also common . You are not alone !!!

• Posted

Hi. I had my uterus lining burnt in April 2016 for fibroids and now i am waiting to have hysterectomy because instead of inside they are now all on the outside of my uterus along my ligements between uterus and ovaries. I have a dr app Apr 10 2017 so hoping it wont take to long for op. I have swellon and cronic pain everyday in my legs lower back and lower region. Its like having bad period cramps ALL THE TIME. My iron and B12 is low because of them too..

Good luck in your recovery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.