upper abdominal issues

Posted , 7 users are following.

Looking for some advice as the answers aren't coming elsewhere. For several years, I've had upper abdominal discomfort - at one point, it actually felt like there was something in there that shouldn't be. I've had an endoscopy, barium swallow, and blood work that reveal nothing. My previous GI put me on meds for gastritis for 4 months that did absolutely nothing. The discomfort comes and goes, but right now its in full force - pressure, nausea, indigestion, terrible bloating. The bottom of my bra puts pressure on my upper belly and makes it worse. The thought of wearing pants is beyond. Has anyone else experienced this? Bonus points for an actual diagnosis. I should also mention that I've had two c-sections. Not sure if that could be related at all.... TIA.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Also, I can't bend down to tie my shoes without a sharp pain in my abdomen.

• Posted

Has GERD been mentioned? Have you tried a food diary to see if a food(s) trigger your symptoms? Does eating make it worse or better? We can't give you an actual diagnosis here because few of us are doctors.Try getting a second opinion from different doctors. You'll more likely to get accurate answers that way.

• Posted

omg you have describing me . I also have a Hiatal Hernia but I dont know if they get bigger or what but im in pain since May and I cant work out the pain is just below the breast bone and any twist and turned it trigger pain . im gonna get a endoscopy next froday . i want to go back to normal

• Posted

No one has suggested GERD - is that like acid reflux? The closest I got to a diagnosis was an assumed gastritis, but that was a bust. It doesn't appear to be food-dependent, but I will say that when it flares up, I crave bland foods. Does that help?

• Posted

i have almost your exact symptom right Down to not wanting to wear anything tight fitting i have confirmed chronic gastritis and GERD but no medicine really helps with the discomfort

• Posted

what was the name of the medication you were put on for gastritis? There are lots of different types some work better than others. You may have reflux and a food intolerance or IBS. I suffer with IBS, hiatus hernia and reflux and I have to be on PPIs every day, the only ones that work for me are esomeprazole (Nexium) but the capsules don't work as well as the hard tablets for me for some reason. I also take alverine, for IBS, I don't have to take these every day, just when I get bloating, constipation and central stomach pain that travels to my navel. Have you seen a gastroenterologist?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.