Upper abdominal pain and gas... please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

For about 2 weeks now ive been having very uncomfortable symptoms in my upper abdomen. ive been having upper pain mostly central, waves of nausea, excessive burping farting, bloating.

i take a ppi daily for reflux and know that this isnt reflux related. last year i had an upper endoscopy and nothing fancy was found other then a small hital hernia.

i called my doc a week ago and he told me to take my ppi (prevacid) twice a day. he also sent me for blood work, all my blood count and hemoglobin looked perfect. My alkaline aminotransferase were elevated by 1 point but hes pretty sure thats due to my fatty liver (diagnosed 2 years ago.)

im a week into taking my ppi more and i still feel horrible. the pain has gotten worse, the only thing thats improved is my nausea.

can anyone tell me what this could be? im very scared i have like stomach cancer or something but i have to believe they would have seen that on the endoscopy/biopsys last year? can it grow that fast? thought it was an ulcer but apparently bloating and gas arent signs of an ulcer.

please help me 😦

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Maybe its ibs...I have the same symptoms..whole abdominal tenderness...But all the doctors say I've nothing...I'm tired it's almost 5 months now.

• Posted

Try simethicone anti-gas tablets, also hot tea with a little lemon juice and sugar.

• Posted

It's isn't cancer, I tell you that! They would have found it in your blood and endoscopy yes! I think you are starting to be sick because of your gallbladder. Sounds like your are having gallbladder attacks and nausea too. They start out small and builds up to intolerable nausea. How about eating and digestion? Any issues there! Feel better.

• Posted

It's isn't cancer, I tell you that! They would have found it in your blood and endoscopy yes! I think you are starting to be sick because of your gallbladder. Sounds like your are having gallbladder attacks and nausea too. They start out small and builds up to intolerable nausea. How about eating and digestion? Any issues there! Feel better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.