Upper abdominal pain going thru to back, undigested food in stools and constant burping.

Posted , 12 users are following.

My symptoms started in November 2016. I started to get a gripping pain the the center of my upper abdomen it would come and go. I went to a doctor and he gave me pantaloc. He also booked me for an ultrasound for my gallbladder as well. I went for the ultrasound it came back normal. I went to emerg a dozen times after. I have a ton of different meds for all sorts of ibs and pain control. Nothing was working. They said to take my gallbladder out and that maybe it was vad. I took the risk of having the surgery and everything got alot worse. I have had ct scan, xrays, gastrosocpy and colonospy. Nothing showed but h.pylori . the medicine they gave me u had a reaction too. The doctor said this couldnt possibly be all caused by h.pylori. now i have constant burning in my chest, burning mouth, headaches, undigested food in stools. Constant upper back pain and indigestion pains. Have seen an accupunturist and a "naturopath" physcologist. Been put on some antidepressants. I feel so alone and like the doctors all think im crazy but 7 months ago before i got the pain i was a healthy 30 year old women. I have lost 60 pounds. I have 3 little kids. I just dont know what to do next. Any suggestions would be great!

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Gallbladder surgery can cause complications like IBS.  Do you have any changes in bowel habit? 
    • Posted

No before i had the surgery I had the undigested food in my stools and greasy. They took my gallbaldder hoping that was the issue. But everything got alot worse.
    • Posted

I would change your GP; he/she doesn't seem very sympathetic.  To say 'go home and pray it goes away' is not a solution because it is not diagnosing you.  You need a diagnosis and treatment.

• Posted

Yes definitely!! I am an axious mess all the time. 3 children. My husband has had to stay home to help as im too sick most of the time. I just would like some answers and how to fix or get some of my life back.
  • Posted

I struggle with IBS too and conviently I also had my gallbladder out, but when I had mine out it fixed it for about 6 weeks and now I'm bad again. I wish I wouldn't have taken it out. I'm sorry for you

• Posted

Me as well. I felt fine until November when i ate a meal and then my life changed. I have been sick since and very strange symptoms! I cant get a diagnosis. My GP told me to go home and pray it goes away. Very depressing being sick all the time with 3 young children. I would just love some answers.
    • Posted

It's very frustrating not having a diagnosis. My GI thinks it's Non Alcholic Fatty Liver Disease and I've read up on it and it doesn't cause the amount of pain I'm in. Sometimes I think my GI just looks at the tests and not the amount of pain I'm in.

• Posted

have you any complains other than abdominal pain ? eg skin , joints , head, menses, ...
    • Posted

Inhave headaches, i have very heavy mentral periods. I have been breaking out like crazy. I have joint pains. Just feel like something has overtaken my body! Felt perfectly fine 7 months ago.
    • Posted

Did you undergo complete blood test recently, any findings/abnormal results ? 
  • Posted

Look into a condition called SMA Syndrome (Superior Mesenteric Artery). A friend of mine has it and it can cause all of your symptoms. Unfortunately most doctors aren't familiar with this condition but a Vascular Surgeon might be a good doctor to go see.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.