Upper abdominal pain, ultrasound negative

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone,

Yesterday at about 3:00 I had mild pain inbetween my chest and my belly button in the center of this area. Pain slightly increased, Had a egg noodles and mushrooms at 6:00, 7:00 pain increased tremendously, 8:00 vomited, then 10:30 went to the ER. 

The pain was sharp. No position helped, the numbing/tummy cocktail they gave me for indigestion/acid reflux didn’t help, got pain meds in my iv and this helped for an hour but then the pain returned. 

Blood and urine tests came back normal. Ultrasound was great except they found my gallbladder walls were thickened but did not seemed concerned about this. 

It has been 24 hours since this has happened and I am down to mild pain. They aren’t sure what it is but said may be stomach ulcer, gastritis, or pancreas inflammation. 

I’ve had issues with acid reflux the past 2-5 years and have had a sensitive stomach all my life. Have an upset tummy about 3-5 times a week after a meal but have learned to be okay with this. 

Has this happened to anyone or any suggestions? Just curious as what this could be? I’ve had hip surgery and a bad ovarian cysts but this pain was way worse and constant. 

Thank you! 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Also this was accompanied by lots of bloating and some belching. Not a lot of gas. Stool was loose yesterday and occurred because i felt pain. Thanks again! 
  • Posted

Hi Natalie

This really is a message to everyone who is suffering from any illnesses please, please watch Barbara O'Neill Youtube. I've only just discovered her through researching my GERD/ Barrats Osephagus condition. I am taking Slippery elm which is a natural remedy for the pain and discomfort of serious heartburn.  I recommend it for any digestive issues.

I hope you find a cure and i'm sure watching Barbara and listening to her seminars will be beneficial. 

• Posted

Hi, I tried this for my GERD/HH and it really upset my tum.  It is a trial finding out what suits us. 
    • Posted

Just watched Barbara - really good.  Will follow her now.  Thanx.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.