Upper adbominal pain for the past month

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just wanted to see if I can get some insight on my symptoms. I started getting adbominal pain , not to severe but like a stabbing pain in different part of my abdomen. It first started on the right upper side but not I feel it happening on the left side upper and lower which concerns me allot. I went to my GI doc because if blood in stool and he did a sigmoidoscopy but he ended up going in further since he said I was tolerating it so well. Everything was fine there. Just hemorrhoids. But my adbominal pain hasn't gone away which started a month ago not due to sigmoidoscopy. I also started getting chest pain which I went to the Er for and said everything was good. I have really bad anxiety so it could have been that. So far the chest pain has gone away but now I feel different pin point pains on both side if my adbomen.

Gi doc sent me to do an ultrasound. Which I got done on Wednesday. I dint know how im going to go through this week without knowing the results. Everytime I feel the first pain I start thinking I have cancer since it's in multiple location not just on.

I did get blood test done which almost came normal except my liver ALT is high at 39. Have very low vitamin D. And HDL is low but other than that everything is ok.

Has anyone experienced this kind of pain in multiple locations in the abdomen. Doc said it might be gall stones but at the time i only had pain on the upper right part. Now i have it in multiple locations.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

morning, if it is reassurance you need then hopefully i can help. since beginning of January i have had the same issues! it started in the right upper side. at the time i didnt think anything of it but it never went away, felt more persistent so i thought i would go to the doctors about it where they carried out an examination and bloods. my bloods came back with alt at 146, ast 40 which is 4-5 times the norm so i was booked in for an ultrasound. had my ultrasound and came back all clear, was also referred to have a colonoscopy due to having blood in my stool and that came back clear and said i had hemerrhoids (however you spell it). that also cane back clear. during this time i also had several blood tests and my alt starting dropping and after 6 months they have gone back down to 27 which is great hut then for some reason ny kidney function went right down. during all this i went to the hospital because the pain was getting normal and they given me a ct scan which shown i had water in my right kidney but thats not what was causing the pain, they referred me for a renogram to see how my kidneys were draining and that also came back fine so i am back to square one again! also do add i had another blood test and it went back to normal so its been a weird one with fluctuating blood results! stay persistent with your doctor, maybe ask for a ct scan of abdomen! hope this helps ans j hope you find out the answer. doctor google can be a pain in the back side because it seems to only display the sinister stuff.

• Posted

oh and to add, its gone to the left side, lower back and above my groin!

• Posted

GET GALLBLADDER CHECKED PLEASE. As for your pains and various test done all clear. you don't have cancer or it would have shown in blood tests. Anyways hope they find a solution for you. If not please seek another doctor. Second opinions help as for health issues. Good Luck.

• Posted

I had abdominal pain in multiple locations with nausea and change of bowel habit an intense health anxiety with the same fears as you. However, my pain was lower abdominal. I had negative tests and it turned out to be IBS. The best you can do is to wait for your results which will give you accurate answers rather than surmises and possibilities. Ask about your high liver reading and low vitamin D levels. to see if they play any part in your symptoms. Try to stay as calm as possible because anxiety makes abdominal trouble worse. Try a food diary to see if food is the problem. Remember, a week is a very short time to wait for your results.

• Posted

thank you for your replies. I think im going to wait it out until this Friday for my results. and if everything is clear im still going to all for ct scan.

pain and discomfort is mainly on both left n right upper side. today I woke up feeling bloated. I talked to my mom to see if I should go to the hospital today. she said to wait since my pain isn't extreme.

im getting very anxious and dont know if I should call my docs office to see if they have recieved my results.

I have also lost 20 pounds in the past 2 months. but I did stop eating anything bad since I started getting the pain. which idk if it all happening because there's something wrong with me.

• Posted

thank you for your replies. I think im going to wait it out until this Friday for my results. and if everything is clear im still going to all for ct scan.

pain and discomfort is mainly on both left n right upper side. today I woke up feeling bloated. I talked to my mom to see if I should go to the hospital today. she said to wait since my pain isn't extreme.

im getting very anxious and dont know if I should call my docs office to see if they have recieved my results.

I have also lost 20 pounds in the past 2 months. but I did stop eating anything bad since I started getting the pain. which idk if it all happening because there's something wrong with me.

• Posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.