Upper airways wheeze

Posted , 2 users are following.

I suffer from bronchitis occasionally ,but now find I am getting a wheeze when. I exhale with force  does anyone know why this happens Have had scans and got all clear but feels like my chest is full of mucus  when I breath really hard out  Really frustrating and depressing me  This comes in bouts  

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You haven't said what your GP has done?  I would be asking for a lung function test to check your forced expiratory volume over 1 second (FEV1) and Forced vital capacity (total lung volume). There is some evidence appearing that reports improvement in lung function after participating in a choir. You learn to use your lungs more efficiently and breathe more deeply and effectively.

• Posted

My doctor has put me on Rhinocort  but as I say the wheeze comes and goes I do have an anxiety condition and hyperventilate  don't know if that's not helping  Had lung function test a few years ago  didn't show up anything abnormal  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.