Upper Back ache

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

I have recently started with upper back ache.  Its around the area of where my bra strap lies.  I started with neck and shoulder aches around two weeks ago but after a sports massage this has now gone but now I have stared with a ache/pain in this area.  Has anyone has anything like this and what may have caused it or anything that can help it?

Thanks!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi AmandaFA,

Get it checked out by your doc.  It's probably nothing serious but best to make sure. Often the medical advice is to exercise. I find mind-body exercise like Tai Chi, Pilates, Yoga etc. is good to improve posture and helps with back pain.

Good luck

• Posted

Hi Amanda,  so sorry to hear your'e in pain.  On Christmas Day I had to go to A and E as I was feeling very poorly, to cut a long story short, I had some kind of viral infection which took a while to clear but eventually it went.  What I was left with was a constant pain exactly where my bra would fasten.  We are now into my sixth month of this and I have had lots of tests and am now awaiting the results of an mri scan.  The pain/soreness gets worse when my back touches something (like the back of a chair when sitting) but if someone were to massage my back it wouldn't hurt - so very odd!  I am now on strong painkillers and various other medications and to my utter dismay, can no longer wear a bra as it hurts so much.  I do hope that you can find an answer quicker than me.  Before this happened I was going to the gym regularly and considered myself fit!  Hope this helps and good luck.
    • Posted

hi Joyce, hope your feeling better, but my problem is like yours,just wondering if you have found out what the cause of your back ache was

• Posted

Hi Amanda,

Have got the MRI scan back but the doctor hasn't rang me so I am assuming that it's OK.  I am still in pain and still can't wear a bra even the elastic aged pull on types hurt at the back.  I am taking co-cocodamol, amitriptyline and gabapentin the latter two for what they are guessing is nerve pain?  I am now booked to see a reumatologist in July.  It's all very frustrating as I was always very active and went to the gym whenever time allowed.  I do hope you get some positive news soon and if you have relief from anything maybe you could let me know.  Anyway, I will not be beaten and I'm off to the airport in an hour for a much needed break.  Take care x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.