Upper back and shoulder blade pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have a pain in my shoulder blade for the last 2 months. The pain is bearable and is on a scale of 2/10 on most days. It does not affect my daily life but it is not going away completely. Some specifications about my pain is that is is more prominent when I stay at home . When I am active like at the gym or at work, the pain is barely noticable and even non-existent but on holidays when I am at home, the pain is present or when I come back home from work, I notice the pain. The pain is not affecting my sleep pattern at all and I can sleep well. Has anyone experienced this?Some details about me:- age- 24 years. Little overweight. Job- Working in front of the computer. Exercise- 5 times a week but started a new exercise routine. Pre-existing conditions-None diagnosed. Doctor- I have been to the doctor but he dismisses it as muscle pain and does not want to send me for an xray or mri. Any other symptoms- I have no other symptoms except for this pain that radiates from one shoulder blade to another. 

What could be it? My doctor does not want to consider any other options but muscle pain. Should i get a 2nd opinion. One very important feature of the pain is that it is present at rest and goes away with movement.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Could there be any connections to your gall bladder, as my daughter has the same with her shoulder and it’s looking highly likely that her gall bladder is the culprit.
  • Posted

I am also passing through the same s**t, is over a year now. I don’t feel pain why sleeping I do feel it during day time and when realizing. The worst part I start seeing swelling of lymph nodes from my neck groins and jaw little ones 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.