Upper back pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi ladies

I get this really strange pain in my upper back on the left

side close to my period starting. It feels like a fist 👊 in my

back. I get some relief when I burp. Is anyone else experiencing this weird pain? Is it normal for peri menopause? So tired 😴! When will this all end! With every new thing that happens my medical anxiety goes

through the roof! 😢

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I get this too I am also experiencing more palps even though im on beta blockers i also get pain right in the middle of my shoulder blade like a knife going through my back 
    • Posted

Thank you Sue!

I was on beta blockers as well. I had palps last night

they woke me out of my sleep. Then the knife feeling

in my back. We'll a least I know it all sounds normal!😳

• Posted

Hi i realise close to my period i get acid reflux an pain in my chest tingling in my arms an legs ..bloating an gas so its quiet normal in all areas...

Take care an hold tight

• Posted

Hey Maureen. My breasts start hurting. (Especially my left one) a few days before my period and when that happens I get pain in my clavicle and shoulder blade. (Mammos are normal). I did read the other day that cyclical mastagia can cause shoulder blade pain. I know better than to google symptoms by now! But always looking for something to calm my health anxiety. It's the most awful symptom to me. I can handle just about any pain or symptom peri can throw at me, but I can't seem to control where my mind goes.

• Posted

Hi 52chr!

I know the feeling the health anxiety is the worst system I have! I drive myself crazy 😜 with every

new system! I think I've died and come back about

100 times now! I'm like you I can handle everything

else but that anxiety is the worst! 🙄 My husband

has to remind me daily that I'm ok 🙂! We spent the

first 2yrs of peri in and out of the hospital! I had a

ready made room with my name on it!🙄 Thank you

for your kind words! I feel much better that I'm not

alone in this fight of peri menopause!

• Edited

Yes! I get that pain on occasion and my husband does a massage all up my back and I suppose it moves the gas because it makes me burp and I've noticed it helps. Also I take walks every night for 30 minutes and that helps move things around and that has helped too.

• Posted

Thank you Gina!

I think I'm going to start that 30 minute walk! 😁

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.