Upper back pain after gastroscopy

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a gastroscopy 3 weeks ago as I have acid reflux which causes me ongoing heartburn and pain in the chest. However ever since I have had this test, which caused me to wretch terribly , I’ve had pain in between my shoulder blades which hurts when I cough or sneeze. I’m wondering if because I was wreching during the procedure have I strained my cartilage in the chest wall, which can lead to costochondritis. I had an x Ray after this and it was clear, but my back is really painful, I would love to know if anyone else has experienced this. 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Yes this is a bit odd. Feeling of soreness in mid back muscles after the procedure. Going on 5 days now. 

its bearable but sore.  Already panicking. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.