Upper back pain along with pain under ribs on the right side

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi there

I am a 23 year old pregnant woman currently in my third trimester 32 weeks

I have been experiencing pain in my upper back right side along with pain under my ribs on the right side since i was 27 weeks pregnant.

The pain usually starts immediately after having lunch and the pain goes away once i lie down . the pain starts again 1-2 hours after i get up.

i told my gynaecologist about it and she told me it may be due to acidity. i had meds for acidity but they didnt work

if i am experiencing severe pain it makes me wanna lie down and it goes away within 5 mins of lying down

please help me as to understand what could be the problem

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi congrats on your blessing , it sound if your little bundle of joy is putting pressure on you nerve , as when you lay down the nerve is not being so pressed on . At 32 weeks of pregnancy the baby dont have a lot of room so it stay in one position . Hang in there you will soon have your baby and your problem inside will be gone . Its a normal as the baby grows ,you feel all kinds if discomfort . Try laying on your left side more , until the day of the birth event ,your carry the heavy load on your nerves and your bones ! Again congrats on your blessing !

• Posted

You would know if it was an acid problem because you would have heartburn or silent reflux where you don't feel the heartburn to start with but experience a cough first. Maybe the antacids didn't work because you don't have heartburn. I am surprised that your gnae doctor has not suggested that it could be your baby is pressing on your spine and the pain is radiating to other places. Back pain is common while pregnant. Ask your gnae about this.

• Posted

thank you so much...i was so afraid as i thought i might be having galbladder issues. i am quite relieved now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.