Upper back pain meds

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anyone else have upper back pain from under shoulder blades upto neck and shoulders and what meds do you take 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi again Karen. Its surprising where we all get pains. Cs can cause pain in a number of places. Mine actually started in my left shoulder, but it was a really deep pain. It then spread up my neck, into my shoulder blades. The pain was debilitating. If I put pressure on the top of my head it caused excruciating pain. I am now still in pain with my neck, left arm at the top front, and my left leg I keep getting sciatica in my groin. Its tough being a sufferer with cs.

Keep posting and we will try our best to help with your questions.

• Posted

Hi karen00345

I have pain in lower back upper back/left leg both arms hips feet neck head(everywhere really).On top of the pain I get dizzy spells more regular lately. I take oramorph also on morphine patches and self medicate.Not that long ago drs said nothing more they can do for me they have given me everything for the pain that includes injections in head and shoulders, also facet  injections. none which did any good but if you are in pain you will try anything to get rid of it even to dull it!! Tried accupuncture again no good So hopefully you will find something that works for you for your pain. So you take care

jeanette

• Posted

Thanks Jeanette I know the feeling you just keep swapping from meds to meds I'm on zormorph and today the have given me gabapentin and zoplicone at night will see if they help any 
  • Posted

Hi Karen, like yourself, I suffer with cs in my cervical and lumbar spine with 6 degenerative discs plus nerve compression in total and pain in all the areas you mention plus now my knees. The pain is excruciating and like you, I have had many facet joint and spinal injections plus shoulder and hip injections too. I also had radiofrequency denervation on my cervical and lumbar spine and this is what I found worked best. Lasted about a yr to 18 months but one the nerves grow back, so does the pain. I too found that butrans (morphine) patches did not really work and not getting much relief now from tramadol, cocodamol, pregabalin, cymbalta etc. I think that as the pain levels increase in our bodies we lose the effectiveness of the meds. Tapentadol helped but made me very drowsy. Having fibromyalgia too doesn't help as this means muscle pain, fatigue etc to also compete with. All we can do is to cope the best we can and hope some miracle pain relief will come into the market in the next few years. I wish I had a more positive answer for you x
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply gizmo I went docs again today and given me gabapentin and zoplicone at night to take with my other meds will see how it goes it's a nightmare just to have chronic pain all the time no one understands 
    • Posted

Karen I completely understand. If the gabapentin doesn't help then ask to switch to pregabalin. They are both nerve pain medications. The optic lone should help you get some sleep although you will probably just have been given just a few of these to take. Let me know how you get on with them x
    • Posted

I completely understand too Karen. Yes it is a nightmare. I prefer the Gabapentin myself. Had them changed over at one time as the gabapentin I have been taking for a few years. I was changed over to pregabalin, but I didn't think they worked as well. It's what works well for the individual. Everybody is made slightly different, so you might find something else works better for you. You take care and keep posting smile
    • Posted

Oops should say Zopiclone x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.