Upper Back Pain, some abdominal Pain

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am a 25 year old female with no history of health problems until recently.

My problems started with a pelvic infection with a small Bacteria called Ureaplasma Urealycticum. From what Ive read, this is a fairly normal bacteria that exists in the flora of most peoples Urogenital tracks and can be what is called a "opportunistic bacteria" in people with weakened immune systems. Ive never had immune problems before. Ive tried 6 different antibiotics to get rid of this bacteria in 4 months, and I still am not healed from this infection. My gyno had a transvaginal ultrasound done. I had a small ovarian cyst but these are normal and no cause for concern.

About a month into battling this infection, I experienced a sharp abdominal pain just above my belly button to the right. Mostly I would have this pain at night, to the point where I couldnt sleep. The pain would radiate to my back. My GP ordered an abdominal and pelvic CT scan suspecting a hernia. This came back normal.

The abdominal and back pain has come and go every couple weeks. My GP prescribed Omerprazole. I thought it worked at first, but the back pain is still coming in waves every couple weeks. Each episode lasts around 10 days and gets worse as time goes on. I will note that the pain is mostly in my mid and upper back, behind my shoulder blades, and more recently in my right shoulder now. It is typically at night and when sitting for long periods of time. I also get this weird burping with my back pain, but not like gas, more like I swallowed some air.

My blood pressure has also been slightly high, which Ive never had problems with (usually around 115/85, bottom number is usually high).

I work a high stress desk job. I have bad posture. I have vaped for 4 years but have now quit for 1 month. I have gained 20 pounds over the pandemic. I have also been very fatigued for 4 months, anxious, and depressed. No libido, no appetite.

In addition to many antibiotics, omerprazole, I have been drinking daily probiotic yogurt, using vaginal suppositories.

I cant get a doctor to take me seriously. Family and friends think Im a hypochondriac. I have a upcoming appointment with my GP. Im looking for any words of encourgement or advice if anyone has experienced these type of problems.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.