Upper elbow pain (not golfer/tennis elbow)

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

maybe someone can help me here.

First let me show you where I feel the pain.

It is just under the biceps. To me it looks like the brachialis but I am not sure. The other elbow is perfectly fine.

There is a point in there that if I press with my finger I feel a really bad pain. Actually, if I slide my finger pressing against the bone and below the biceps, from the medial epicondyle up to the upper arm, there is a point where I feel a sharp pain. See photo.

How did it manifest the first time? It was september / october, in that period I was climbing twice a week. I climbed for the entire summer without any kind of problem. Then, pain came: I could easily climb for the hour half then pain started to become stronger. At the end of the session I had really bad times even steering the car wheel. So I decided to stay off. I passed two months without doing nothing with my arms. I recall that pain passed within just few days. After the two months stop, I tried again with bouldering: that day was fine, I did not have any kind of pain, but at the end of the session I felt the elbow was strange, not painful. After two days I had very sharp pain in the elbow. Obviously I stopped again. Then after a month, I tried again bouldering: first time was ok, but after two days of rest I did bouldering again and at the end of the session I felt that pain again. Actually, I had a visit and the doctor said it is not tennis/golfer elbow, he only said to rest. But I really would like to know what my pain is.

Thanks

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.