Upper endoscopy Aug.5th (2 days ago) chest pains behind and below sternum

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I had an upper endoscopy done a few days ago, and I am having chest pains I guess you could say, under and behind my breast bone. I have had an endoscopy before 3 years ago and did not have these pains. They did stretch my esophogas as well, I m not sure if he took any biopsies because he seemed to determined to tell me that i just need to lose weight, lord if i knew that would cure my Gerd I would have lost all the weight in the world 13 years ago when I as diagnosed and my weight has been up and down, I have been on every medicine in the book, tried every home remedy, that is not something I wanted to hear before going under sedation haha ... anyways... had anyone experienced this chest pain??? it is Saturday and I cannot call the doc. but I def. will go to the hosp. if I have too but I don't want too.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Try new things and ask doctors about options, i can guarantee you that you have not tried everything. Massage your breast bone if you can. Try an ice pack.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.