Food

Esophogitis

Hiatal hernia

Stomach:

Food (residue)/ bezoar

Duodenum:

Erythematous (hypersonic)

They took biopsies.

Should I be worried? I don't know if I should call my doctor now or just wait for biopsies to come in.

Any input/experiences?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

if there was anything real bad they call you already. can call them to make yourself feel better.

• Posted

please do not freak. I had all the same stuff with a lot of symptoms. Gastro doctor took 5 biopseys. I had an appt. scheduled for 2 weeks later. was so sick till the appt. arrived. On top of that I was an hour early for my appt. and sat in the car crying. I was a mess so I feel your fear. It was inflammation in the distal end of the esophagus, sliding hiatal hernia and biopseys came back clear.Take a breather! I was on PPIs for 2 1/2 months, strict diet, ate yogurt, Walk away from ANXIETY! Makes this condition worse. Do what makes you happy! Eat small meals frequently, never wait till you are starving! chew slow. You will be fine. Try not to worry. biopseys are always taken. Not uncommon.

• Posted

very true. they take biopsies even when not needed. esp if you have good insurance. spread the wealth around. if they see a spot they biopsy it check for berretts. common if you have reflux or gerd for a while.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.