Upper eyelid pain when moving eye

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been having pain in my upper eyelid when moving my right eye up down left right, this has been going on since October. I have bleparitis aswell but that is at bay for the moment. My optician initially thought it was an allergy so here is the meds I've already tried but nothing seems to be really helping...allergy eye drops, dry eye drops, antibiotic/steroid dye drops, oral antibiotic, antibiotic eye ointment...I'm just lost and wondering has anyone else had this problem before.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

omg i have this now i thought it was my eyes hurting but when i put my contacts it it doesnt hurt as much becuase my eyelids aint touching my eyeball if that makes sense lol . went to my eye doctor yesterday he said my eyes are healthy and that he thinks it could be my contacts so he chucked them , but last night i found my self pulling my eyelashes because they was hurting and im rubbing my eyes so i need to tell him when i see him again its been going on 2 weeks now its not a really bad pain just sore and itchy. i do have TMJ from grinding my teeth in my sleep from really bad anxiety. hope yours is better now

• Posted

I have a problem with my right upper eyelid. It isn't visible from the outside so coming from the inside. Like you it's very sore when blinking. The eyelid is also swollen. The doctor had a look and said as long as it doesn't interfere with vision it's ok. I can feel a slight lump under eyelid. I now have antibiotics but after using them for 4 days no joy. Hope you find some answers.. I don't know where to go next. I think maybe it could be a tiny cyst. Let me know how you get on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.