Upper left abdmominal pain/pressure for over 3 months

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello All

For the last 3 months I have had severe discomfort and pain directly under my left rib cage and difficulty swallowing with food getting stuck in my windpipe- I thought it was lactose intolerance after reading these forums but reducing this had not eased the problem, I have felt sick but not been sick and have some bouts of diarrea, nothing appears to alleviate the discomfort- there has been no weight loss and I have a heathy appetite (apart from swallowing issues)

In january I started using creatin which seems to have triggered this and I stopped using it immediatly but it does not seem to have eased it- the pain can wake me up in the night- my G.P said its stomach acid but did no tests and none of the proton pump inhibitors work

Any ideas?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

Did you find any answers, to your issues, ask to get a Gastroscopy done, also get some blood test done, an check for lactose /coeliac disease, remove all lactose and wheat products and see if it works, check for a FOB map diet and go on it for a month then slowly introduce one thing at a time, if not get a scan done,  Seek another opinion and keep us informed Good luck and god Bless you

hg

• Posted

Hi, thank you for your reply, iv never had any tests done, I assumed it was a stomach bug but it hasn't shifted!! Iv only come off all lactose in the last 3 days and it's still not eased!! I think the wheat removal is a good idea- il book in with the gp again and request a gastroscopey

Thank you

• Posted

Hi Barry

The reason I said these are because my daughter had issues but her pains were on right side, bloating , gassy and her dr put her onto a nutritionist all the blood test for lactose inolerance came negative, her gastroscopy showed mild gastritis, and the nutrionist got her on the FOB map diet and when she was introduced back to milk that she found why she had these issues, bt hey aso did a scan on her abdomen and found that she a patcy liver calcification too, but MRI was all clear thank GOD..  She is now 24 started in 2012 after her paternal grandma died all of a sudden stress can bring things on too.  Good luck and keep us posted Ps try some dual action gviscon and see if it will help speak to your pharmasist first

• Posted

That's brillant, I'm getting this all on my left side but il book in with the GP, it's just the period of time that it's taken to clear that's the concern

Thank you very much

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.