Upper left abdo pain for twomyears

Posted , 3 users are following.

I suffer from anklyosing spondilitis however two years ago l developed upper left abdo pin under ribs, had ct with constraint, endoscopy and told gastritis.  Since then this has become worse constant daily pain, Prescribed buscopan and fybogel.  Now my bowels are once daily, float greasy and terrible smell, GP tells me IBS, have also had diverticulitis but the upp r left abdo pain under ribs is awful at my wits end.  My esr and crap levels are always high due to anklyosing but it's my gut that's really bothering me, l,pass my foods undigested ar times especially vegetables.  Pain does not bother my during night apart from severe sweats.  Hoping someone can help me.  Thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

have you tried having things like sustigen drinks to help

• Posted

Sounds like IBS.  Try avoiding the vegetables that you can't digest or try cooking them in a different way.  Have you heard of the Fodmap diet?  Ask your doctor to refer you to a dietician who can advise you with this diet.  Many people find it helpful.

• Posted

Hi Pippa I have been back to GP today pain in upper central abdo is awful and now I have bright blood when I go to toilet and on the paper, really scared getting an urgent referral for endoscope and sigmoidoscopy as l have anklyosing spondilitis.  I will keep you updated. Thank you
    • Posted

Maybe you have a fissure or haemorroids as well; that may explain the bleeding especially if it is bright red.  Hopefully you can get it sorted.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.