upper left abdomen problem

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi has anyone experienced a feeling in upper left abdomen of something moving up to bottom of rib and cramping very painfully? I have to stretch and push in on area to get it to move back down then after a few days bruised feeling it's ok ...until the next time. Bending to fasten shoes is a classic cause.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have experienced Charlie horse in the top middle of my abdomen about 3 in above belly button very painful when it happens. Doctor told me it's from dehydration.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply,, do you agree with your doctors dionosis?
    • Posted

Sorry here's the g for diognosis lol
    • Posted

I have had sharp mild pain over area since last cramp, usually I feel something moving back down before the pain subsides but didn't this last time which was around 10 days ago and as I said it's been mildly painful and stayed extra sore.
    • Posted

I didn't so I am forcing him to send me for an abdominal ultrasound.
    • Posted

I am waiting for an ultrasound appointment too, when the doctor pressed my abdomen he said it felt like a muscle! So adhesions have crossed my mind but then the mind is a powerful thing and can take us too far ahead of ourselves. That's why I asked about other people's experience, it's funny how some things baffle doctors easily.
  • Posted

It could be gallbladder related, an US would

Confirm this.

Hope this helps.

Kate.

• Posted

Hi Katz? Would gall bladder be so predictable? as in only when bending! I don't get any back pain, but as you say the us may give some answers, I don't know what the waiting list is for the appointment so will have to be patient.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.