upper left abdominal pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've had this for awhile, thought it was my spleen, but had an ultrasound and they think I might have gall stones, but I have NO right side pain at all.  It seems to get worse after I eat a large dinner, I bloat up, pain etc.  Today haven't eaten anything but a banana and it's a very full feeling, just under ribs on left side.  I'm beginning to think pancrititis?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Your gallbladder is on the right and the pancreas is in the middle.  Did gallstones show up on the ultrasound?  Left sided pain tends to associated with the bowel.  Ask about IBS
  • Posted

They suspected gallstones.  I know from reading up that pancreaititis can show cause left-sided pain right where I hurt. I'm scheduled for a colonoscopy on the 1st, but this is bad today, worse than it's been almost over a year, and I did an enema today and BM's have been regular.  I blew up with air after I eat, which can be gastritis I know, and IBS.  I was diagnosed with gastritis years ago, but rarely have that kind of pain now.

• Posted

gallstones blocking the duct can cause pancreaititis I read, I suspect that's what it is.

• Posted

Have they done any blood work on you? That will quickly show if it's pancreatitis.

• Posted

not yet, going to ask my dr. tomorrow, and for a CT scan of pancreas.  I did a salt water cleanse yest, but only 8oz with 1 tsp himalayan salt, wonder if it made it worse, could of with gallstones.  One lady on another wall I'm on said her blood test didn't show her pancreatitis

• Posted

I'm constipated, had an x-ray at ER last nite.  Phillips Milk of mag last nite, still haven't gone!  They said 80% of ppl who show up in ER are constipated.  Hopefully this solves all my issues.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.