Upper left abdominal pain radiating to back for 4 months.

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello! just thought i would post as im worried and looking for answers. About four months ago i started getting an upper left side abdominal pain that radiates into the left side of my back. sometimes its a sharp pain. i went to the doctor and they did blood work and all was good! she ordered an MRI with contrast and the only thing it showed was an accessory spleen? and she didnt say much about it.. awhile later the pain subsided but came back about a month ago. it landed me in the ER last week and they did more blood and a CT without contrast. ct showed ovarian cyst and i have a UTI. i dont see how either of these could be causing upper left side pain? i am a 27 year old female, no gallbladder. just looking for answers as i really worry its something to do with my pancreas.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi tera9869

Your kidneys are located on upper left and one just below upper right side of abdomen. If you have a UTI it could possibly cause pain in that area...

• Posted

You have a lot of things going on. Was an appointment made for you to see your doctor about the results? if not, mske an appointment with your doctor.

• Posted

Hello, I do not have a follow up with my doctor. The ER doctor told me to follow up with my OB regarding the cyst. But i know there is no way that a cyst on my ovary is causing upper left side pain. Im just very frustrated and I dont know if i am over thinking it but i feel that no one is taking me seriously. My primary physician i saw last week thought i just had trapped gas? I am just freaking out because everytime i try and research this everything says pancreatic cancer.

• Posted

Don't google your symptoms; it will cause panic. Only listen to your doctor because he or she will give you accurate answers. Google cannot do this. See your gnae doctor about the cyst as advised to rule this in or out as the source of the pain. Have you been given medication for the UTI?

• Posted

hi, i just researched accessory spleen, and this causes acute pain and if you're getting pain in your spleen it often causes back pain.

• Posted

is there anything i can do about this? and i thought it was strange that it showed up on an MRI, but not a CT scan?

• Posted

unfortunately everything i read online says the only way to fix it is to get an operation or just live with it. what it basically is is healthy splenic tissue outside of the spleen. I think alot of things will show up on some scans but not the others. I would ask your dr about the accessory spleen and ask him if that could be the cause of your pain. just see what he says so you can have peace of mind.

• Posted

how severe is your pain and does movement like walking or doing any physical activity aggravate your pain?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.