Upper left pain for 8weeks

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I'm a 27yr old male uk.im currently experiencing a lot of upper left abdominal pain just under ribs.i tested positive for hpylori in late march I took the course of antibiotics.and still the pain is still there.im frightened to death of it being something serious like stomach cancer or another one I've googled my symptoms silly mistake I know n now I can't stop..ive seen 5/6 different GPs and none of them seem concerned about cancer so I should listen but I can't help it and it's so scary my anxiety is taking over my life with this.

I'm currently on omeprazole.the pain is just doing my head in

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi jason37778

HPylori reall ravages your gut so once you have taken the course of antibiotics it will take longer than 2 months for your gut to heal....make sure you are not eating foids that will aggravate your gut such as fried foid, spicey food, citrus fruit, fizzy drinks, beer and other alcohol, smoking....eat bland foods to help your gut to heal. Sometimes the AB's do not eradicate all the HP bacteria so some can be left behind ask your doc to do another test to make sure it us all gone...best wishes

• Posted

Hi like I've said I've seen 7 gps actually and none of them seem concerned or think it's anything serious should I listen ? The pain is just doing my head in doctors have told me I have a anxiety disorder now I'm just constantly worrying.still googling 😭I just can't get cancer out my head

• Posted

Hi jason37778

You do really have to give it more time and googling, worrying and stressing will not help!!....go back to your gp and ask to be tested to see if all HP bacteria is gone...in the meantime get some mastic gum which will help with the pain. You can get it on a well known site just google 'mastic gum'...apparently mastic gum kills HP.....best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.