Upper left quadrant discomfort

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been having some trouble & was hoping I could get some insight.

I'm having some issues with my upper left abdomen. I wouldn't call it pain, more so uncomfortable. It started feeling like a side stitch, like from running? It would come & go. Now it's this constant, dull ache. Sometimes it's a bit worse than others. I poked around & I do feel a sausage shaped lumpy area . I have a lot of belching, occasional heartburn but nothing that stands out. I'm fairly regular but worth occasionally get diarrhea, which seems to be triggered by certain foods ( I can't eat pizza anymore ) . & if I for whatever reason miss a day or two without having a bowel movement I get horrible cramping all over. Also, the mild cramp that is always there, is worse when I bend or twist that way. But when I lay down there is no discomfort ( and the lump isn't there either )

This all started around when I got pregnant, my daughter is about to turn one this month.

Any thoughts?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like IBS.  See your doctor for tests to rule out other causes and an official diagnosis.
  • Posted

I went to the ER last nite after suffering from pain under left bottom rib, they took an x-ray and I'm very constipated!  My hubby had the same thing happen about 5 yrs ago.  He turned battle ship grey and looked very ill.  Thing is, I've been pooping a lot, but am still blocked up.  I'm going to take a full cup of Phillips Milk of Mag for 5 days.  Still not going this morning, despite not eating yesterday.  Try this, or go to doctor and get an xray to see if you are plugged up. They said 80% of the problems they get in ER are just that, constipation!

• Posted

Sounds like IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome).  Try Metamucil, probiotics, herbal teas like chamomile and peppermint.  Google IBS diet and natural cures.  Also, go see the doctor to get an ultrasound and check your liver enzymes.  Hope this helps.
    • Posted

it's just constipation, been ill 28 months, came off a ton of pills for spine pain, effectively shut down my intestines after 9 yrs of taking them, and benzos messed up my CNS, digestive system, immune system

• Posted

thx for your response.  Been into herbs/natural healing for many years, only got on those pills because of a failed low back fusion, I never should have

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.