Upper leg joint below pelvis. pain.

Posted , 4 users are following.

My Dr. wants me to get an X-Ray of my upper leg joint, but I've had several at other parts at other times. I have read that an X-Ray takes 3 years off your life.

Sometimes I have pain, especially when I stand up for awhile.

It's either arthritis, muscle/ligaments or that cushion part that sits near socket.

Any ideas?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

It sounds to me like hip joint. If it's arthritis then you will be offered a hip replacement op. I have had both hips replaced and it's the best thing for me. I had suffered for years with pain in my groin area on the left side. I got xrayed and it was arthitis. I was offered an op which i declined as i was nursing my mother at the. end of her life and couldn't really consider the time off to recover. Anyway to cut a long story short I eventually got one hip done then a few years later the other. I haven't regretted it at all as i have no pain and can get around very well now. If I was you I would ask for mri scan if you are so worried about xrays, but the longer you leave it the longer you will suffer. I wish you all the best.

• Posted

Sorry, you did not read my report properly. I said upper leg joint.

NOT HIP.

It has been diagnosed yesterday. There is no arthritis, I need to do more exercise. He told me that during winter, the joint area shrinks and it s taught. So during winter, it's more critical to exercise and keep moving. Sorry but you missed the mark and didn't help me at all.

• Posted

so sorry Peter but I just read your original message again and you say you have pain in your upper leg joint i assume you are a human being therefore your upper leg joint IS your HIP. Google it! When you get pain in the groin it can be arthritis, and i am talking from experience. I took the time to answer your question as i thought you were worried and wanted to give you the benefit of my experiences. I didn't expect a rude idiotic reply.. if you think you know it all why bother to ask for advice. Glad to say a doctor needs to see x-ray or scan to give a proper diagnosis.

• Posted

Hi. you are over thinking and you will give yourself stress, we all want the answers yesterday, try not to go over board you will get the answer you are looking for.

I'm not a Doctor so i cannot comment what ailments i have will be different from you and others, but try and be patient you will get there.

John

• Posted

Listen, please don't send me irrelevant comments with zilch answers. You just want to increase your post score.

• Posted

If xrays take three years off your life I should be dead by now unless I would normally live to 150.

• Posted

What a sick, illiterate answer. I have researched and also received answers from 3 Doctors. They told me it's more years, than stated by research outcomes. Before you reply do some research boy. The other fact is that it takes 6 years for the radiation in a body to dissipate. Lastly, you are not God so you will never know how many years you were supposed to live because of radiation, toxins, bad habits etc.

• Posted

What a sick, illiterate answer. I have researched and also received answers from 3 Doctors. They told me it's more years, than stated by research outcomes. Before you reply do some research boy. The other fact is that it takes 6 years for the radiation in a body to dissipate. Lastly, you are not God so you will never know how many years you were supposed to live because of radiation, toxins, bad habits etc.

• Posted

What on earth is wrong with you? I was doing a simple arithmetic calculation based on how many xrays I had had, which makes your comment not hold water in my case anyway. I assume you must enjoy being abusive based on your posts to others on this board. If it makes you happy, good luck to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.