Upper & Lower GI procedure just done.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had surgery & testing done 2+ yrs ago & was diagnosed with Barrett's. I had the surgery to correct my upper GI. Haven't had heartburn, gerd or acid reflux since!! yeah.

I just had an upper & lower Endoscopy done a few days ago. On day of, I slept thru most of the day. Morning of day 2, I woke up at 4am hurting, but fell back to sleep - sleep is usually Never a problem. But at 6:15am I woke up feeling like I was hit by a 2x6 across my back, also sweating alot. Couldn't find a thermometer.

Norco helped, but took more when the pain returned 6 hrs later, then b4 bed.

Day 3, same pain & feelings, but not Quite as bad as day 2.

Could having both procedures at once cause more air & pain than when I had just an upper endo done? I don't remember having this pain then.

Doctors nurse said it should go away by today. It's not. Calling back 2maro (Fri), b4 weekend hits & ER visit may occur.

I can't work in this much pain or take pain pills at work as I operate Heavy Equipment. When should I start really worrying? Thanks

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.