Upper right abdomen fullness

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have upper abdomen fullness - right side.  I am scheduled for an ultrasound next week and am really worried.  The doctor ran blood tests for gallbladder disease - liver, etc. and they came back normal.  Would anyone have any idea about what it could be?  Thanks!!! Deb

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Stomach related perhaps just indisgestion. No pain ?
  • Posted

Thanks everyone for your replies!  I have not had the h pylori test.  I am just waiting for the ultrasound.  I really feel like there is a mass pressing on my stomach.. just right of centre of my upper abdomen.  I don't mean to say there is one, just that it feels like that.  Also seem to want to cough to clear my throat a lot. 

• Posted

Do you have any stomach burning?  Heartburn can cause a cough when the acid escapes. You can sometimes get silent reflux when you start coughing before you feel the acid. Perhaps you are having bloating and this is why you are getting a sensation of something pressing on your stomach.  The ultrasound should detect any problems.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.