Upper right abdomen pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

For around 3 months now, I have had a pain just below my rib cage which spreads down my right hand side. I have had bloods and a liver function test and all came back normal. I’m quite an anxious person and I’m getting myself very worked up as to what it is. Anyone any ideas? 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Have you had an ultrasound?  Pain under the ribcage could also be gastritis.  Ask your doctor if you need an endoscopy.
    • Posted

Hi, no I haven’t had an ultrasound. Due to go back and see my dr on Wednesday so will raise that with her. 
  • Posted

I had the same thing on my left side. I had an endoscopy which showed I had gastritis which is an inflammation of the stomach.

It would be a good idea to speak with your doctor if you’re still having that pain so they can do some further testing.

I have to stay away from foods that are acidic and eat mostly alkaline based foods which are fruits and vegetables mostly.

Red Meats are high in acid as well as pop, dairy products especially cheese. You just need to have a diagnosis so you  know how to manage whatever it is.

Try not to stress over this because the more anxiety you have, the worse the symptoms can be. That’s what happened to me so I had to calm down my mind.

Take one step at a time which would be to speak with your doctor and then go from there.  

if you need help relaxing, there are some great audio meditations on YouTube for anxiety. They completely calm  me down. I hope you feel better soon 🌸🌸🌸??

• Posted

I had the same thing on my left side. I had an endoscopy which showed I had gastritis which is an inflammation of the stomach. Stress can cause gastritis.

It would be a good idea to speak with your doctor if you’re still having that pain so they can do some further testing.

I have to stay away from foods that are acidic and eat mostly alkaline based foods which are fruits and vegetables mostly.

Red Meats are high in acid as well as pop, dairy products especially cheese. You just need to have a diagnosis so you  know how to manage whatever it is.

Try not to stress over this because the more anxiety you have, the worse the symptoms can be. That’s what happened to me so I had to calm down my mind.

Take one step at a time which would be to speak with your doctor and then go from there.  

if you need help relaxing, there are some great audio meditations on YouTube for anxiety. They completely calm  me down. I hope you feel better soon 🌸🌸🌸??

• Posted

Try not to stress as it will make symtoms seem worse! I’ve been going through the same thing for about a month now on my left side! At first it was constant pain but I’ve changed my diet a little & pain has not been as bad but it still there! Had a ct, blood work which was all normal & now waiting on stool sample & ultrasound this Wednesday! Keep consistent with docs if you feel something isn’t right! May be an easy fix but figuring it out & managing it is best! Hope you get answers soon! Try to not think or worry to much! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.