Upper right abdominal pain after Cholecystectomy

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi

I had my gallbladder out a year ago and I am still suffering with severe upper right abdominal pain, which travels round into my back. I have been sent to pain management (which was/is farcical), and I am getting no where fast with my G.P. Have had lots of tests done, which have all been clear, but am suffering with loss of appetite, weight loss, jaundice, fluctuating bilirubin levels etc. Is anyone else suffering with similar problems since having their cholecystectomy?.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Have you had Ultrasounds, CT Scans and all that ??? smile
  • Posted

Yes - had all those. Just had blood tests repeated as a few results were not "right".
  • Posted

I've had an mri scan,ultra sound scan,xrays,endoscopy and all came back normal. My blood test showed my billarubin levels were high and a few more liver function test was slightly high. I'm in a lot of pain i can not lay on my right side, I've lost just over 1and half stone. I wish i never had my gallbladder out because I'm worse now than when i had my gallbladder&gallstones! I wish I could get to bottom of it because i want to get on with my life at the moment I'm unable to to things I really want to do because pain ! I also look yellow some days more than others. sad
  • Posted

You need CT / MRI / Endoscopic Cholangiopancreatography,, maybe something Autoimmune is going on neutral
  • Posted

I'm still same my pain is getting worse. I had a bad attack not long after my last post and ended up in hospital for the weekend my bilirubin level was 66 and doctor at the weekend said he was going to get me sorted. But on the Monday a different doctor and i was sent home and was told id receive an appointment for an ultrasound scan. I was still in a lot of pain i had runs by Wednesday early morning i was on toilet with runs and been sick all it pea green bile ended up at A&E but again sent home. I had my scan appointment on the Friday and nothing it was normal. I got an appointment for Gastro for end of Jan. I've been back and forward to doctors and not getting any where at all. Last week I had an other attack a few things a little different but pains got worse some days it can go up into my right shoulder a slightly high temp feeling vary warm and sweating. I went to see a doctor and he said id got an infection in the tube left from having my gall bladder removed and gave me antibiottics and he said why are you going to Gastro ? So i said i dont know why im going to Gastro as i was told id be sent to Liver clinic cant remember proper name for it. The pain is getting worse and its taking over my life I have had enough of not getting to the bottom of it. A NEW YEAR so another year of pain and suffering !
  • Posted

I had my Gallbladder out in early 2008 and it still hurts somewhat today neutral

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.