Upper right abdominal pain that goes away when lying down

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi sir,madam,

i am 32 and i am suffering from this thing from last 4-5 years.

i am suffering from some wiered thing. I am completely normal for the entire day however when i have dinner, pain starts at right upper abdominal. The pain is so heavy that i doesn't allow me to sit down or stand up. it makes me lye down. when i lye down, the pain completely stops. If i immediately get up, it again starts but if i lye for around 1/2 hour, the pain goes and then allows me to get up, sit or stand.

If i dont eat anything at night, the pain doesn't start.

i have shown this to many doctors but no help. Recently i did endoscopy in which doctor said that there is infection. He started giving me some medicines. i have been eating medicine from last 3-4 months. sometimes the pills that doctor gave work but doctor said that he cant continue with those pills as those are very heavy. He has now suggested me to do ct scan.

pls help, i am affraid and need help. Unable to understand the strange thing of pain going when i lye down. i am completely ok after lying down. i also feel vibration bat this part sometimes after eating.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

If you get the pain after eating, it would suggest a food may be causing it. Try a food diary. What medicines did you get and what infection was found?Was h pylori or gastritis mentioned? Do not be frightened, go back to your doctor and have the CT. Your doctor will diagnose you in the end; tests will help with this. I despaired after three months of no diagnosis and inconclusive tests, but eventually I found a doctor who recognised my symptoms.

• Posted

sir i did ct and report are normal. the pain is still not stopped. dont know what is it. it starts after eating dinnner. recently my motiion numbers have also increased. worried..

• Posted

Have you tried a food diary to see what foods may be causing it? Has IBS been mentioned since you have bowel habit change? Go back to your doctor who will tell you have. Do not worry because anxiety makes gut problems worse.

• Posted

sure will try diary. actually in betweeen i stopped consuming wheat meal at night and was having only rice and the pain had disappeared. i will start it again just to test the issue. Doctor has now nothing to say as in endoscopy and CT, everything is normal. Doctor says, it can be issue of bones and so asked me to meet an orthopaedic

• Posted

The problem doesn't sound bone related to me since the pain comes after eating and especially since it got better after avoiding wheat which is a common food trigger. Since the medicine did work somewhat also suggests a gut problem. Try not to eat late at night and eat light food that is not fatty, rich or spicy. It sounds like you have found your food trigger or at least one of them.

• Posted

Hi

i have also started experiencing the exact same problem since a few days

If you find a solution or any information regarding it, please share it here

i would greatly appreciate it

• Posted

Did you ever get an answer for this pain? I have this exact same problem, only now it starts in the late morning rather than after dinner

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.