Upper right Discomfort… under the right rib?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi.. been experiencing this discomfort (not really pain) for years off and on. It feels full or inflamed and it will usually settle down after an emergency trip to the toilet.... diarrhea, cramping, gas. Now, there's no more off and on. Now it seems like its here to stay . Constant pressure under my right rib. All medical tests have come back negative or ok but something is definitely wrong. Everything i eat causes problems. I had another emergency toilet trip today.... actually several trips. Very painful cramps. Nauseated...really feeling sick. I thought i was going to pass out. My next scheduled test is a HIDA Scan. Has anyone had this scan ?

Thanks for any feedback/suggestions.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi stacie, right sided pain like this is gallbladder related. i hope they give you a scan, you need to know what this is.

• Posted

Hi Stacie!

If the test for gallbladder indicate no issue, you might benefit from an elimination diet. I eliminated gluten from my diet, and I gave my gut time to heal (approximately one month), and the pain on my right side is now gone. Not only has that pain gone away, I suffered from headaches everyday for years as well as joint pain, and both of those have stopped for 8 months now! allergies can get worse over time so I wouldn’t rule them out, IF the doc says your gallbladder is okay.

• Posted

If I may ask, did you suffer from heavy bloating too? And if so, did that ease down after the elimination diet? Thanks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.