Upper right pain under right breast (on ribs), not sure what it is

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi there, I'm hoping someone can give me some advice or assistance, or might have had something similar so I know what I need to do next.

The first week of Jan, I felt a strange spasm sensation in my rib area under my right breast. Nothing leading up to it, felt totally fine before that. It would spasm, sent a shot of pain into my back, then it was gone. This happened intermittently. I thought it might be from lifting weights- that maybe I'd pulled a muscle. I also have slight swelling in the area, too. This intermittent thing happened for five days or so, and it got be uncomfortable enough that I went to an urgent care. The doc there said she thought it was my gallbladder, and that I should get an ultrasound done, and she ordered that up for me, and referred me to a gastric doc. So, I had the ultrasound done of my upper right quadrant- nothing was found. Gallbladder looked fine. I still met up with the gastro doc, who said he wasn't sure what it could be, that maybe it was muscularskeletal?

I also had an xray done with another urgent care, and that turned out OK, but they did find a 1.2 cm lung nodule. I have an appt. with a pulmonologist later this month for that. The pain in my upper abdomen, meanwhile, continued to get worse, with pain in my upper right back, and mid-back. Of course, I'm assuming the very worst. I go and get blood work done, all looked well. Had a CT scan done, that looked fine, too, although the lung nodule is for sure there. But the nodule has all indications of being benign, based on the report given from the radiologist and the doc.

Gradually, I've been developing horrible GERD-like symptoms through all of this. Where, whenever I eat, I get this tightness around my bustline, I feel like I've got heartburn, indigestion. It seems to add pressure to my abdomen, adding to the pain in my rib area, and horrible pain in my back. I sometimes wheeze or cough after I eat, and it's uncomfortable. Lately, I have a weird tightness sensation that creeps in around my right neck/shoulder when I eat, too.

So far, it seems no doc really knows what's going on with me. I am confused too, given my test results. I keep wondering if it's sludge in my gallbladder, or maybe it's inflamed but wasn't seen on any tests? Has anyone else had something like this happen, or have any ideas?

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up