Posted , 3 users are following.
Here’s my ‘mysterious’ adventure:
1. Some 50 days ago my sister had flu like symptoms after complaining one of her colleagues at work had some severe flu like symptoms (he was sick, indigestion, etc.). The symptoms lasted for a month for my sister with manly a runny nose and some chills, plus some headaches. I didn't know up until this point that such symphtoms can last for so long. But that was all.
2. I was afraid I will get it from her but only some 30 days ago I started to have some similar symptoms though they were very mild.
3. Some 20 days ago I’ve been eating some new foods for my diet (greek food - spicy and dairy based) in abundance and I suddenly felt sick the next day. Severe upper right abdominal pain (URAP), bloating, excessive burping, diarrhea. I thought it is because of the food I’ve eaten since I felt sick many times in my life because of the food I eat (maybe I have a sensitive digestive system - I know for sure that some foods cause me diarrhea and some mild upper right abdominal pains - especially milk causes that and fatty foods - but this time was more severe).
4. A few days have passed and it didn’t go away. Clay-colored diarrhea, URAP, a bit of fever, plus some body aches (pain in the limbs, fingers, other parts of the abdomen, etc), I even woke up sweating like hell at one point. I went to my doctor and after a physical exam (blood pressure, abdominal check up) he said it is a virus and it will go away in 2-3 days and gave me Paracetamol in case I experience pain. He also quickly analyzed the urine and said I have a high number of Acetone (meaning my body uses my fat as a resource). It is true that I wasn’t eating that well by that time because of the right side abdominal pain (URAP) I had and the other symptoms.
5. Next day after the visit, that's some 2 weeks ago, a sharp pain in my back (right side, middle). I also had heart palpitations and felt dizzy suddenly. It lasted for a few seconds but was very scary. I went to ER and they did a few simple checkups (pulse, oxygen level, listened for lungs and abdomen, abdomen physical checkup) and said there is nothing they can see.
6. Next day I was alone at home and suddenly the same pain, this time right upper chest, near the shoulder blade, radiating in my right arm. My right arm felt a big numb, heart palpitations again, this time lasted more, maybe 1-2 minutes (but I might be wrong, because it may have looked so long to me since it was very scary). I went to the ER right away. They did an EKG, and all sorts of physical exams (listening for lungs, checking my reflexes, etc.). They found nothing wrong.
7. Two days after that I didn’t have diarrhea anymore (which lasted some 5 days or so) but the stool was still clay-colored and I still had the same symptoms. That mighty pain with palpitations struck again, this time right side lower abdomen. Lasted a few only seconds. The first two pains were more localized (and I kinda felt them at the surface if that makes sense), this one was quite deep and in a bigger region.
8. Went to my GP again and was like: “You said it will go away in 2-3 days but it’s been a week and is not going away”. He did a few abdominal physical checkups and said it is likely a virus. And that virus may have ‘attacked’ me causing those pains and the URAP that was almost constant, every day. My stool became more normal by this time though but I started to have heartburns and acids from time to time, and a gurgling tummy, especially at night. He gave me some relievers for those symptoms and scheduled me for a full urine and blood test in a month time….
9. Now, a week after my last visit I am better: the stool looks normal, the URAP is still there but not all the time (though it feels a bit different this time - instead of pressure as before, it feels more like an ache). But I still experience some flu like symptoms: I feel cold sometimes or wake up sweating, I still have some body aches/pains, etc.
My urine looks normal, stool the same. My abdomen does not hurt when I push on it. Didn’t vomit but I felt like so 2 times until now. I feel like drinking a lot of water and I do that. I changed my diet and I eat mostly boiled food.
For example, 3 days ago I eat some fatty food and right away I felt sick and my stool changed to clay-colored again, and URAP all day, plus bloating and burping excessively. It seems that as long as I eat boiled food is better.
SO, what can this all be? A virus? Problems with gallbladder + a virus? A problem with my liver? If it is a virus does it affect my gallbladder or liver so that when I eat fatty foods I get URAP and burping and clay-stools and all that?
Of course, the wise thing is to wait for the blood and urine tests but that’s on June 9 and I thought to hear some opinions until then because I am very curious what happened to my body for the past 20 days or so.
1 like, 11 replies