Upper Right Stomach Pain for 3 years, NHS not helping

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been having pain on upper right stomach protruding to back and shoulders for 3 years now.

Doesn't matter what I eat or drink it seems, tried gluten free etc, even a glass of water in the morning hurts so much. The pain is all day, but intensifies when I eat, getting 3-4 hours of sleep a night and at final straw now as I can't go on like this

Been to GP so many times and hospital visits were they send me home with some basic painkillers

I need help and there seems to be a lot of people on here with similar conditions

In medical record says slight pancreatitis, been tested H Pylori with a gastric biopsy

My stomach feels like a gnawing rolling sensation in evenings and throughout the night

Fed up of this and need some help please

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

What are they doing for the slight pancreatitis?  Maybe this the cause of your symptoms.   Other possibilities could include gallbladder.  Did you test negative or positive for h pylori.
    • Posted

tested negative for h pylori that was a year ago, it's getting very bad past few weeks were I don't want to wake up

If I go into hospital they just get rid of me and give me pain killers that don't work

GP just orders random tests that all coe back inconclusive

• Posted

Go back to your doctor and push for a diagnosis.  Ask about the slight pancreatitis to see if you need treatment.  Also ask about IBS if you have change of bowel habit.  If you have IBS, all your tests will be negative and you may have to try several anti spasmodics before you find one that works. Everyone is different;  Buscopan worked for me.
  • Posted

Anyone else have any ideas please, can I go into NHS hospital and refused to be discharged till the pain is gone

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.