Upper RQ dull ache 2 years after gallbladder surgery

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hiya - for a bout a week now I have been getting a dull ache on right side of back just under bra level, slightly radiates round to the side. This is similar to how my gall bladder attacks first started before it got unbearable. I had the op two years ago and all had been well.  

It started when I started eating healthy last week I would say at first I thought my body getting rid of bad toxins may be putting kidney or liver under pressure. Now not sure as I had a bad eating day today and am in more discomfort (exactly how I was with gb) scared to death to go docs as don't want more surgery As no sooner was I released I was in with an internal bleed and the worse pain ever ended up back in for about 10 days. 

Any ideas 

Tia sammie 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I just had my gb out 8 days ago and every time I eat I am getting the same pain I had before surgery. Keep me posted I don't know what to do.

• Posted

Give yourself time to heal. What are you eating. I hope soft diet. No fats. How much are you eating at one meal. It's all moderation. That's what works for me. 3 months after surgery.

• Posted

I am watching my fat intake and am eating small meals and still I have pain
  • Posted

Yes I used to get that as a first signs of acid problems, no-one could ever find out why and could not link the 2 but that was it was, I had every test going.  That was 30 years ago and it would go after H2 blockers at that time for 12 months and it would always take 12 months, that pain just like you said for a year!!! Now I'm on PPIs and have been for the last 5 years all the time sad but they do sort me out.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.