Upper stomach pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Helloo everyone , I started having a stomach pain back in june . First it started with cramps which was in lower abdomen and I went to ER. They did all testing ( CR, blood tests, urine, and pelvic exam ). Everything came back normal . They gave me hydrocodone and sent back home. After 6 days I went back to my doctor with a pain worst then ever but this time was upper stomach . She gave me omeprazole for a four weeks . After onemonth of taking omeprazole I had some relief but pain was still present . They tested me for H pylori and it came back positive . I took antibiotics and now I am supposed to take omeprazole for next 4 weeks . They did ultrasound as well of gallbladder, pancreas and liver ( all came back normal). They also did stool test, infection disease test, and cbc test and all was normal . Now I am scheduled for endeacopy in a week . I saw my GP and he said he that chances of having a cancer are low. I dont have a history of stomach cancer in my family. My mom had twice ulcer and hernia.she suffers from stomach pain all her life . My sister had twice H pylori bacteria and my brother had an ulcer. I never vomit nor had blood in a stool. I have pain in upper stomach that goes sometimes to my back, and uner rib. I have bealching and feeling like my stomach cant diagest the food. I have a bad stomach pain on dairy products and wheat but I am so afraid of cancer. I never had a stomach pain but couple months ago I was on steroids coz of neck spasm and lung inflammation. Im 27, never drink nor smoked in my life. Was always active and ate healthy . Is it posible to have for this long these symptoms without relief? Pls help

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

When I had gallstones the pain started in the front RT abdomen all the way to my back to the area under the shoulder blade. Soo painful could hardly breathe. Ask to have you Galbagger checked I had stones at 19 years old. Very unusual so Drs never thought that was the source of the pain. Finally a gasterinterologist took xrays of the GB abd there it was finally after 8 Drs up on the wall in the X-ray stones causing so many issues.
  • Posted

I don't know if this doctors know what they are doing. I had my own problem for more than 7 yrs and every tests came back good but no solutions to my problem. Constantly vomiting after eating. You just have to keep searching for help and spending a whole lots of money. Good luck

• Posted

It's all possible ! I never smoked or drank alcohol . Exercised daily and are healthy. But here I am with Paine problems undiagnosed . Everything checks out great. Except my abdominal pain. No answers but spent a fortune. Some times I think no answers just means docs , testing facilities and hospitals just focus on how they can make the most money off each patient. I'm pretty much disgusted with the whole medical profession. Not too many left who actually care enough to dig for answers. Just in one door and out the other as quickly as possible to make room for more.

• Posted

Don't give up contine to look for answers to your pain. 

Best wishes on your journey.

• Posted

It appears that these disorders run in your family.  I too have the same problems my family had...IBS, ulcer, inflammation, etc.  So unfortunately we have to deal with these pains the best way we can.  Ask for a blood test for AST/ALT liver enzymes along with a MRI/or CT scan of your liver.  I found out that I have fatty liver  and fibrosis.  This can totally affect your digestion and cause pain.  I do get some relief from natural remedies such as probiotics, slippery elm, ginger or chamomile tea.  Keep a food diary and take note of how foods make you feel. Hope you feel better soon.
  • Posted

Cut out dairy products and wheat.  Get retested for h pylori once you have finished your treatment to make sure the infection has gone.  Ask about IBS.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.