upper thigh 6 myths post total hip replacement

Posted , 29 users are following.

I am in extreme pain in my upper thigh after 6 myths of surgery. It is high in my femur area. This is something new and the last couple of days..having difficulty walking. Does anyone have any thoughts as to why and or what I should do? Your feedback would be very much appreciated. 

3 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am about 3 months post op from a total hip replacement, I started working again about a month ago with clearance from my surgeon to go back into the kitchen. Over the last week or so I have started to get numbness in my quad area right above my knee and off to the side, kind of where I had pain right after surgery. I was wondering if anyone else has had any issues like this?
    • Posted

Hi Christine

Ihad my op November 2016

I have numbness around scar area ..

This has giving me pain free so happy I done it and am getting other hip done in December this year

• Posted

I am pain free in my joint which makes me so happy, and the scar has numbness which I expected, my concern is the numbness in my thigh right above my knee. I had it right after the surgery but it went away, now since I'm back at work and on my feet a lot for my job the numbness has come back. Not sure if anyone else has experienced something like this 

• Posted

I have an occasional ache what feels like in bone above knee and that happens if I am stood to long..

I haven't experienced the numbness you have..

• Posted

Hi I’m 8 months post op for a thr I was just making my bed and all of a sudden my hip felt funny and stayed aching right in the joint. I tested it most of the day it seemed fine then did some grocery shopping that evening. It felt good to walk. No pain slept real well that night and the next morning I was in humongous pain. Couldn’t walk or sit or even go to bathroom.  I rested the next day but it was no better. I got in to see my or surgeon he took X-rays and examined me said the X-rays looked good. So he ordered blood work to check for infection and it turned out good. Today I had a bone scan and drs wanted more X-rays.   My hip seems better. Most of the pain is on outside of hip. I have more range of motion but then it irritates it. Dr told me to lay low and use walker.  We’re going on vacation to Florida in 4 days. I’m praying it’s better. Not sure what I could have done to it. Maybe pulled a tendon?  Has anyone had this ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.