Upping dosage?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Can or has anyone else experience Lexapro making you dizzy when you go up on the dosage? I’m now taking 20mg instead of 10 and it’s been about a week and I’m so lightheaded and dizzy all day

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes- this happened to me as well when I started on 10mg and when I increased to 15mg. I had to back down to 10mg.  It took around 10 days for the dizziness to subside when I first started the Lex. 
  • Posted

That’s very normal. That’s why I take mine before bed. I couldn’t handle the dizziness. I’ve been on 20mg since day 1 and it was rough. But so worth it. 
    • Posted

I take mine at night too. When I wake up it’s terrible dizziness 
    • Posted

Yes I’m on lexapro and I take half of the am and half of the pm because I’m way sensitive to it.. u may want to try that and see how it works .. u r not putting it all into you system all at once .. I take mine 12 hours apart.. 10 am and 10 pm
  • Posted

I have definitely experienced dizziness,  just not feeling centered and I am on 5 mg Lexapro and have been for 6 weeks.  At one point it stopped and then started up again.
  • Posted

When do you take it? I take mine (20mg) at night and haven't had any dizziness but a lot of stomach/bowel issues. I also take 7.5mg of Mirtazapine. Been on 20mg for 5-6 weeks now and feeling a whole lot better just slight anxiety on waking which gives me loose bowels (sorry for be graphic) but goes as soon as I'm up and about. Have been taking for about 5 months now started on 10mg and went up to 15mg then current dose of 20mg. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.