Upping my antidepressant

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, any advice would be great...

I'm upping my paroxetine 30mg to 40mg tomorrow after having previously upping it from 20mg 11 weeks ago. Thought I was feeling slightly better but for the last 2 weeks I have had racing thoughts, feel dizzy and not really with it.

Anyone else on 40mg and how are you getting on?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

hey i have been prescribed xanan for my HA.. just wanna ask you if anti deppresant really works?does it really make you stop having negative thoughts and all?
    • Posted

Meds are not a cure all.  They help with getting brain chemistry balanced, and allow us to think clearer.  Then we can focus on getting better by going to counseling.  Which teaches us about negative thinking behind anxiety, drepression, and other feelings.
  • Posted

Hey I'm Joe...and I have the same problem with my anxiety..my doctor gave me seroquel and lexapro..I took it for 2days and I felt like I was dying even worst than I was...now I take L theanine..it's a natural substance for anxiety and mood..it release stress and everything I've been taking it for a couple days and my honestly feeling better..u might want to look it up and see if u want to try it or not
  • Posted

And it's non addicting
    • Posted

Yes I don't like things from doctors cause they can either make you better or worst..and I don't like that so I'd rather take something that might make me feel worst but not addictive..but the good thing is it's making everything a lot better it's called L theanine
  • Posted

When I was paroxetine it worked wonders for me.  I just had a medication change to Lexapro, it also has been working for me.  It is normal to have a little anxiety about whether it is going to help.  I am sure it will. But if it doesn't make sure to check in with your doctor.
    • Posted

Yes it is normal to have some anxieties medication is just there to keep it down but anxieties will always be there and thats when you need to work on coping skills to help with anxieties 

I still get anxieties now and then medication won't take it all away 

• Posted

Hi. I'm on 50 mgs seroxat for a few years for severe anxiety, depression, panic, social phobia. I'm not completely cured but it has changed my life. They take a while to really work and do not work if drinking alcohol. Stick with it xx
    • Posted

Hi paper fairy, thankyou for your reply smile Its only been 3 days now on 40mg so I know I've got a long way to go but can you remember how long it took you to feel a difference. Also did you have intrusive or scary thoughts at the beginning? xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.