Upping my dose

Posted , 4 users are following.

After 6 weeks on 10mg my psych has decided to up my dose to

15mg. She has suggested I take 5mg in the morning and continue my 10mg at night. Has anyone tried splitting their doses this way?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I'm thinking of going up to 20mg, I might just take 15mg for a week then up to 20mg. I have always taken in the morning.
  • Posted

I was on 10mg for a week or so then Dr told me to up it to 20mg but I was to scared as the side effects were horrible, so bought a pill cutter and took 15mg but my anxiety came back worse. Been on 20mg for 2 days and I feel a lot better but still having anxious moments through out the day
    • Posted

I'm going on holiday tomorrow so I'm going to wait until I get home. I will prepare myself for the side effects all over again. I was on 10mg for over a year and stopped. Couldn't cope so we u straight back on them it's been 2 months now x
    • Posted

Its crap isn't it all this anxiety trying to find a balance. Hope u have a lovely holiday and try and relax 😊 xx
    • Posted

Hi polly, I did the same thing. Started first week on 10 then 2nd week I got a pill cutter and took 15 then last week I've been on 20mg. Has helped the anxiety since upping. Got insomnia bad though and need sleeping pills. 3 weeks in total on the cit. How are you doing?
    • Posted

Not great tbh with you my anxiety is horrendous in the day It calms down about 3pm ish and then I take my cut at 6pm debating wether to change it in the morning
    • Posted

Sorry to hear you are suffering. It will get better now you on 20mg. Mine has subsided being on 20 for a week now. But mornings are worst. Why are you thinking about taking in the mornings from 6pm?
    • Posted

Only because my anxiety is horrendous in the day. Thought maybe If I change the time. As this seems to have worked for a few people.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.