Upping Tablets - Citalopram

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey peeps,

I am on day 10 of upping my Citalopram to 30mg. When did everyone else's start kicking in? I am still feeling anxious and panicky 😫😫😫😫😫

Also it seemed to get better but it's worse again today. Is this normal?

Any advice would be amazing xxxxx

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I'm only on 10mg GP won't let me increase because I get bad side effects. I thought I was fine then back to square one thr last day or so x
    • Posted

4 weeks this time, but 18 months last time x
    • Posted

Aw okay. I was 5 years at 10mg-20mg and all was good. Had quite a bad time recently so upping to 30mg. The side affects are so bad. I thought I was going crazy 😫😫
    • Posted

What side effects did you have? My anxiety is just getting worse I can't help but blame myself for making it worse. I don't know what to do, I was fine before I saw my counsellor yesterday x
    • Posted

Complete racing thoughts , couldn't shut my brain off. Anxiety was wayyy worse and felt the lowest I've ever felt (not a depressed person normally) . What do you feel Hun? Xx
    • Posted

The same for the last 2 days! I'm not usually depressed either but it's upsetting me that I can't shake this and the thought of a life being miserable isn't good. On top of that I've got a lot of physical symptoms tinnitus, dizziness, racing heart, headache. I am now convincing myself I have an illness. The health anxiety is where it all started x
    • Posted

Awww you poor thing. You will get better tho I promise. All your symptoms are of anxiety. Are you going to change Meds? Xx
    • Posted

No the doctor won't let me, she was the one who took me off them because they gave me acid reflux and put me on amitriptyline which were awful. Now she says I can't keep swapping! I'm sure I need 20mg but I just know how poorly I will feel. I'm going on holiday in 3 weeks and don't want that, but on the other hand I'm anxious about going!!!x
  • Posted

I have not upped citalopra...but I think it should start kicking in soon maybe if you could use distraction in any form it will help the time to go by quicker until your med has stabilized...I wish you lots of luck and blessings,πŸ˜€
  • Posted

I upped from 20 to 40 about two weeks ago. Had a really rough time with anxiety in the mornings and sometimes all day. Started getting better a few days ago, but some days are better and some are worse. Definitely improving though. Have seen other discussions where people described similar temporary effects from increasing dosage of Citalopram. Encouraging to know I'm not the only one having a tough transition... hang in there, it gets better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.