Upping the dose of escitalopram from 10mg to 20 mg side effects

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone,

Can someone experience please advise me, I been on escitalopram 6 weeks on 10mg then my dc. up the dose to 20mg. Been on 20mg. today 11 day and still experiencing increased anxiety.

When I can expect for anxiety to finally subside , how long when increasing the dose for side effects to be gone.

Any quick answer would help me a lot (it is been long and painful)

Best regards to all.....

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hey buddy ,

I am not a doctor or anything just a patient like you. When I was on 10 mg it took about 4,5 months to feel stable that I can say. On 20 mg after a month my anxity was so bad that I ended up on Lithium to control mood and anxity because I didnt wanna take Xanex. Its good that you are going thru side effects which means medication is slowely working to help you. From what I can say that we all experience different but it takes a month or two to get better . In mean time just make sure you know its just a part of getting better and keep talking to family,or friends,doctor.

You will be good, take care.

• Posted

Thank you Pete for quick response, I was hoping for better news, but I guess that is the reality that we are facing will have to stick with it, I cannot think of going back...Thanks again...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.