Upping to 150mg?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I posted yesterday about not feeling as good as I did in the first few weeks on Sertraline 100mg... feeling a bit miserable again and a bit more sick than usual and I have been before.

Ive been on this strength for 4 weeks.

Does anyone think I would be better trying the 150mg? Worth asking my doctor? Or is it too soon?

Its on my mind a lot... any help would be great.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I think it's worth having a discussion with your Dr so I say go for it. 

• Posted

Hi,

I am new here and new to zoloft. I am on 100mg and on my third week. I am taking it for intrusive thoughts and anxiety/depression. I haven't noticed that it is helping. I have an appointment next week and I have a feeling she is going to up my dose to 150mg. Thoughts or advice please?

• Posted

I sound quite similar to you... ive managed to get an early appointment tomorrow with Dr to see what they say. 

I am deffo better than I WAS... but cant help feeling ive gone a little downhill and its not cool sad upsetting.

• Posted

Please let me know what your doctor decided to do. I know they say wait and see how it goes, but I just want to feel better!
  • Posted

I've been on sertraline for months and months and months now. For a while I was on the 100mg and then suddenly I began to feel the symptoms of my depression a lot stronger than I had been. Personally I found the increase the 150mg to be exactly the right thing, much easier to deal with stress etc. and I stopped having as many depressive / dissociative episodes. 

Good luck! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.