ups and downs

Posted , 3 users are following.

It always happens, a couple of reasonable days (never brilliant but that is too much to ask for!!!) and this morning back to feeling awful.

Tired, queasy, stressed, numb face and neck, trembling inside and out.

I have been taking supplements for a few weeks and so hoped that they were helping, shouldn't do "tempting fate" always goes wrong.

feeling very sorry for myself, must make an effort.

take care everybody,

Sxx 

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

There will always be good days and there will be bad days too. We just have to get through those bad days. The good thing is that we know that there are good days coming, so it makes getting through the bad days well worth it.
    • Posted

thank you Connie... I know... and it could be worse but sometimes sad.

Mornings are always really bad, takes an effort to make an effort.

I've got an afternoon "job" at a m.h.daycare centre so that keeps me going...

I am not optimistic by nature and too old to change.

maybe it is a dip day because I am tired....who knows

sorry for not being a little ray of sunshine,

take care

Sxx

• Posted

Hi Sxx. Do you know why you get the numb face and neck? Is it anxiety? That's what I have all the time and it makes me feel self conscious. I am being treated for GAD and I always think I have a physical ailment causing anxiety rather than anxiety causing physical symptoms if you get my drift. Hope you feel better soon. A

• Posted

I really do get your drift. I also wonder if the symptoms are physical ailments causing anxiety rather than anxiety causing physical symptoms. I've been getting a numb face for a long time. Skin feels tight from my forehead to my neck. I must admit that when I am busy or after taking an anti anxiety "pam" it isn't so bad. I've googled it so many times and it seems to be a symptom of anxiety/panic. I remember years ago when I hyperventilated really badly my face/lips/feet and hands were completely numb. It is also the same when I get travel sick. Thinking like that then it seems that is something to do with how we breathe. My shoulders are then up around my ears and when I can relax them it does help...have you tried breathing exercises, not hard to do and maybe will help.

take care

Sxx

• Posted

Yes I do try but there is always this underlining tension. I feel it in my jaw, and have random pins and needles in different parts of my body. It feels awful to smile as it seems so false and it's an effort as I can feel my face stretching awkwardly rather than relaxed. My head seems to be "buzzing". The thing is I could be watching tv with seemingly not a care in the world but there's still this uncomfortable numbness. I have had tests and nothing seems wrong although I have cervical splondosis and I could put up with a pain in the neck that would be a symptom but it's a constant tightness/numbness. Sorry for rambling but I find these forums a good release. Good luck to you x

• Posted

'morning Alan,

My face feels so tight and numb, like you if I smile (or make the effort to) it feels like a grimace. Foggy head as well and eyes are tired and a bit out of focus.

I guess you have had a check up to see if there are no trapped nerves due to the Cervical spondylosis.

I'll post later, let's hope this "struggling" will ease off a bit as the day goes on.

take care

Sxx

• Posted

Wow you put it so clearly. The smile seems like a grimace. I'm concentrating on breathing like you said and it does help (when I remember to). I have blurred vision, neck ache, back ache etc. When I do try to breath properly through my stomach and I kind of centre my self I can notice the shoulders up to my ears. Thank you for taking the time in sharing your symptoms. Hopefully things will get better for both of us soon. Take care

• Posted

r.u. in th UK?

Do you take any medication, if so how long since you started?

Do you have alot of pain with the cervical spondylosis, that can get you down.

I used to be very, very active but now have osteoarthritis plus other odds and sods and just can't accept that life has really changed. I find getting old is definitely not much fun..Very envious of those who seem to breeze through it...being depri doesn't help...

lovely it is 9 o'clock here in Holland and in an hour I can go to bed and read my boek. How sad is that!!!!

how was your day, I hope you are coping.

take care

Sxx

• Posted

Hi Sxx, lovely to hear from you. I'm on 100mg Sertraline that is helping and been on them for 2 months. Actually been on meds on and off for 20 years. I'm trying to stick to an excercise regime at the moment and will see how I get on in the next couple of weeks. Sitting in bed and reading a book isn't sad at all! I'm sure there's many people who would love to spend there days like that. Take care and thanks for keeping in contact as anxiety and depression is a lonely experience. Alan

• Posted

It's been awhile, how are things now??? I hope in the last 3 weeks things have improved for you. They say "baby steps", you have to be patient.

I started on citalopram again a few days ago...see if this will help but still struggling. Everytime I think "today wasn't too bad" something happens to upset me.

feeling sorry for myself, I think I'll go to bed and read my book..wink

take care

Sxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.