Ups and Downs - zoloft

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am on week 5 of taking zoloft 50mg. The 1st 3 weeks were very tough - higher anxiety, intrusive thoughts and little sleep.  I then started feeling much better, would not have near as many low times.  Now today after quite a few good days I woke up and instantly felt the same I did prior to starting the zoloft.  Is it normal for this to happen? I was under impression once it started working you usually kept you in good place.  I have tried breathing excercises and going to gym but can't seem to lift spirits.  

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Have you spoken to your doctor? That's what I would be doing.
  • Posted

It can sometimes ha that you will feelel better when first taking an anti depressant.  I think if you give it a few more weeks, say up to eight, then you should feel better.  If not, perhaps it is not a medication that suits you.  Perhaps it is just taking its time to work.
  • Posted

Yes Andrei, you will still have down days even months into taking your medication.  But as long as your good days heavily outweigh the bad I wouldn't really recommend changing your medication.  But if you have any concerns take Arwen and Annes advice and go and chat to your GP.
  • Posted

Hello there.  How are you doing?  Are you feeling any improvement yet?  I do hope so.  Keep in touch and let us know how you are. 
  • Posted

Still struggling a bit.  I am defnatley better off than where I was but am just having a hard time accepting that this is not something that is going to fix itself quickly.  I guess  figured once the zoloft kicked in I would be back to normal. Going into dr on Tuesday and am going to discuss options.  Biggest issue is I have been relying on klonopin when symptoms get bad and am not sure if they will refill ex or not.
  • Posted

Went to dr today and they bumped me up from 50 to 100mg of zoloft.  Curious if first few weeks will be as rough as when I first started the 50 or if it won't be as bad?
    • Posted

No it wont be so bad.  Your body has already got used to the lower dose, so although you may feel a little rough for a while, you should feel a lot better soon.  I am glad you went to the doctor, and I do hope you feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.