Upset by Dr

Posted , 6 users are following.

started seeing therapist privately, its going fine, she asked to speak to my gp about seeing me more often.. i see gp and try and explain had two lovely gp who left and this has been hard .she then starts talking about not wanting to create dependency; this really upset me. in the past my gp's have been so supportive and i now feel im a burden, trouble and shouldnt even be wasting her time. i now feel so alone and dont want to go back 😟 am worried the therapist now be against me too.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Try to remember that many GP's are not well trained in mental health issues. Many feel reluctant to get involved. Many GP's just don't have great bedside manners with any of their patients. It's probably hard to tell what the issue is with your GP but if you feel uncomfortably you should keep searching until you find a good fit. Tell your therapist how you feel about the situation. Your therapist should be able to help you resolve any of your uncomfortable feelings. If you still don't feel comfortable after working through the issues, keep looking for the right therapist. It takes time to find the right fit sometimes but you need to feel comfortable with your therapists and doctors. Good Luck to you.

• Posted

I think you have taken what she said the wrong way. She's not trying to make you feel like a burden, because you're not. She is right. You need your independence, but you can't do that when you find it extremely difficult to function without your GP's. You need to figure out how to live your life without the constant need to see your GP's. I know it helps to talk to them but they are not therapists.

• Posted

i have gone 5 months without seeing a gp..so i dont see how that is me needing to see a gp to function.

• Posted

some doctors are better than others, i changed surgeries because my doctor didn't help over a poignant issue that i desperately needed support with. you may need to speak to the surgery manager. i wish you luck and hope you get the support you need.

• Posted

Okay, this gp is a fraud and dangerous to the health and well being of her patients. Please do not take anything she says to heart as she is incompetent. Therapy is not dependency or if it is it's a healthy and helpful form of dependency and some people need it in order to survive.

• Posted

The GP didnt say it. It was her therapist advising her not to be too dependent on her GP's. She see's her therapist and 2 GP's.

• Posted

incorrect..read it properly...the gp said it. i dont see two gp's.....confused

• Posted

hi there ,

I have the same experience as you. A year ago, I was seeing a private psychiatrist. After a few times of visits, he got annoyed by listening to my problem . We were planning to work together to taper off my benzos but he wasn't supportive and just told me to book another appointnent when i need. I saw him a couple of times only . Then i switched my dr. At that time , I feel very hopeless as I think i was been given up and was in despair. I think you should search for another therapist who is willing to work with you wholeheartedly .

• Posted

the therapist its fine, thats not the issue.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.