Upset due to bulge appearing 7 days post op for tvt tape and anterior repair

Posted , 12 users are following.

Is the bulging I can see/feel normal post op swelling or have I prolapsed again.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm sure it's normal swelling due to the trauma of the surgery. It's very common and it will settle. Are you resting?
    • Posted

I had started to become more active so am worried I've overdone things.  Just so important that this op is successful as have put up with problems for over 20 years!  Hopefully it is normal swelling and I'm being paranoid.
    • Posted

You should listen to your body nicola. It's fine to potter around but as soon as you feel tired you must rest. You will have good and not so good days but rest and plenty of good food will help. Also make sure you have your bowels opened regular 
  • Posted

Hi Nicola plz don't stress I'm 3 weeks post op and I had a look and I'm still quite swollen the feeling of something there has gone so I'm assuming it's the swelling going down , but if ur quite worried speak to ur doctor or try and speak to ur surgeon, so what ur feeling I wud think is common .
    • Posted

Just so worried as it all looked 'normal' until today, surgeon is ringing me this afternoon so hopefully will reassure me all ok.

• Posted

Thanks everyone, I had started to potter about a lot more and so was worried I'd overdone things.  The surgeon is calling me back this afternoon, so hopefully he will say it is normal swelling.
    • Posted

That's good nicola it will hopefully put your mind at rest if you speak to him. 
    • Posted

That's good plz let us know what he/ she says , but I'm sure I will be told it's normal and plenty rest
  • Posted

Hi Nicola, you haven't got anything to worry about so please don't let other bad experiences get you concerned. 5 months ago I had tvt and posterior repair and your symptoms are normal. After a few weeks/months you will start to notice it feeling a bit more normal again. I requested a gp check up yesterday because my cough seems to have a irritated it again but my gp just said it's all normal, do more pelvic floor exercises, keep a good diet (no straining) and give it more time to get stronger. She suggested not seeing the surgeon this early on because they can't do much more so soon.
    • Posted

Thanks you just panic that you will go back to square one and the surgery will have been for nothing, but so glad to hear that it doesn't seem to bed anything to worry about. 
    • Posted

Nicola I think every woman who has prolapse surgery panics or worries about something or other because the prolapse affects is so much. 
    • Posted

hi nicola, i had posteria and anteria repair and did feel like you after a couple of weeks i left it a while after chatting on here but then did contact my surgeon she is seeing me this tuesday which i will be into my 7th wk nearly ... things to seem to have settle a bit more but i think what i am and was feeling was swelling as i was cut both sides of my vagina inside so im hoping that is wot i was and still feeling slightly  wish you look and try not to worry .... easier said than done i no but do rest .... i drove today for the second time a bit further today and i did feel my belly muscles pulling slightly but one step at a time
  • Posted

Hi Nicola, everything everybody has mentioned is so true, i am 5 weeks post op and have good and bad days, pain one day ok the next. I get paranoid at times thinking at times it has gone wrong! I cannot believe how tired i am. This site is a great and good to know that other ladies have the same concerns. Good Luck!
    • Posted

Everything has dropped even lower today and my weeing has gone back to trickling like before my op.  I phoned the hospital and the consultant will see me at his clinic Thursday so I will let you all know how I get on.  By the way I didn't know you were not supposed to bend!!  Only found out off here......so hope it's not something as silly as that which has caused a problem.  Just telling a patient to have plenty of rest isn't really very helpful is it? 
    • Posted

Oh nicola I do hope everything is ok. I just can't understand why hospital staff don't give full comprehensive written instructions as to what you should and shouldn't do.
    • Posted

Hi Nicola, I do that too with the very slow flow. At your stage it may correct itself. I'm 5 months and went for check up. My bladder not emptying all the way, I have to go back for minor surgery to have the sling loosen. I've had a problem with urine flow from day one. Other than that I'm back to being pretty active. Not to pre prolapse, but pretty normal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.