Upset somach from anxiety?

Posted , 5 users are following.

When my anxiety goes into overload my stomach pays. Anyone else?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

This happens to everyone to some degree from butterflies to the worst of it all - had a uni lecturer who would run out of class - he was so nice and opengly told us he knew everything about the topic but suffered when speaking in front of us all.

Would take him a couple of months to settle in to getting used to the new student cohort.

Said his greatest fear was when the time came to speak at his daughters wedding - he said from a young age he had always suffered 'nervous diaorrhea' - poor guysad 

• Posted

Yes this is very true for me. Ive recently lost weight because I can't eat due to stress. It sometimes hurts so bad or makes me have to use the facilities too often. I feel your pain.
  • Posted

yep , deffo for me. One of my worst symptoms
  • Posted

This is unfortunately due to anxiety, it's horrible! I get it and it feels like I am going to an interview. I realise it is frightening but when it happens if you can  understand it is just your body reacting to stress it might help
    • Posted

Yes!

When my anxiety started I thought I had the stomach virus. The worst of it lasted 2 weeks, and by a month and a half I was able to eat completely regularly. It would even cause bad diarrhea every morning. Now it's been 3 1/2 months and I still have butterflies that only go away occasionally. My anxiety is definitely seen in the stomach.

• Posted

Glad to know I am not alone,my stomach and anxiety have been awful lately,winter doesnt help. Cant wait til spring.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.