Upset stomach

Posted , 4 users are following.

I constantly have an upset stomach. Could this be the Ramapril? Thanks.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Heather

I had a really sore, dead like feeling in my stomach when I took it, but worse than that, I could hardly bare the excruciating pain in my legs while on it. I'm off it now, not on anything for BP, hate doctors meds. 😧

• Posted

I'm finding the same. I was 1.25mg last year and it didn't work so I stopped taking it. I'm now on 2.5mg and always feeling like my bowels are loose and I might need the toilet. Not sure if this is the drug or not

• Posted

Hi

I remember when I was on Ramipril, I had the loose bowels as well and some pain in lower quadrant of the stomach.

• Posted

Update - I was put on Lisinopril instead of Ramipril and the same happened. As soon as I went up to a dose that controlled my blood pressure, I got loose bowels again. Now started on Candesartan which seems to have a different mechanism of action.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.